Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 92 - River of Dreams

Billy Joel's video "River of Dreams" was filmed on the same part of the Connecticut River that we travel on with our boat.

The bridge in the foreground is the one Billy dances on during the video. The extention bridge in the background is the one seen in the begining of the video (3:36) and (1:23).

This steel wall and building are seen briefly (2:44)

The "Come on Over" sign in the background is seen shortly after (2:37)

This is the same ferry the children were riding on (2:23)

Here is the video:

I think it's so great how the director of the video took something that is completely New England and made it look like something in the deep south. It's also pretty cool to go under a bridge that Billy Joel sang on. :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

The color of the sky in the top pic is stunning! Great shots!!

Rachel said...

The pictures are beautiful! What a neat idea to include the video with the series!

Jess said...

Very cool! I'm so glad you posted the video too! You're right; I never would have guessed that that video was shot in New England!!! Great photos Holly!

Vanessa said...

that's great! would have never been able to tell that wasn't shot in the south!

jessstephkylesmom said...

Great pictures!~ That is one of my favorite Billy Joel Songs!

Maggie said...

How cool. That's one of my fav songs...I have it on my IPod. I don't think I've ever seen the video.

~M said...

Very cool and very beautiful!