Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 18 - Weekly Challenge - "Blue"





Each week our photography group is doing a photo challenge. This weeks challenge is "Blue"

It took me all week to decide what I wanted to do for the challenge. So I decided to go with my most favorite blue item. That would be my Royal Daulton Pretty Lady. Her name is Adrienne.

Adrienne used to be my Grandmothers. When my sister and I were little she showed us a pair of Royal Daulton Pretty Ladies. She said that one day, we would each get to have one of them. I told her I wanted Adrienne and my sister picked a beautiful Victorian girl with a green dress and a hat.

Now, Adrienne is one of my most prized possesions. I had fun photographing her. Her facial expressions seemed to change with the light. I was glad when our "photoshoot" was over though. I was happy to see her back safe in the china cabinet, next to my Grandmothers vase.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful!!

Laura said...

I love how you used the light! I think her expression does change! Great job!

Jess said...

I agree with the changing expressions! I LOVE the first picture! Great job!

Sher Johnson said...

beautiful...
love the last one that shows her profile shadow on the wall

~ Natalie~ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a GREAT job with this.

Maggie said...

That is cool...she seems to have three, different expressions!

Heather said...

I love that you can see her shadow on the wall in the third photograph!