Thursday, March 22, 2007

Day 22 - "I never knew me a better time..."

Captain Fantastic!



Blowing kisses.



Happy 60th EJ!



Looking our way!



A dream come true for us.



Last night, I saw Sir Elton John in concert... FRONT ROW! I entered a contest run by a local radio station and won the tickets. Elton John is definitely one of my idols so to be within 15 feet of him was amazing. My friend Claire and I were in absolute awe for the first half an hour. I've never known anything like it. What an experience.

Elton rocked as usual. This 5 city tour (can you believe little Hartford, CT was a tour stop?!) is in celebration of his 60th birthday. He played 2 and a half hours straight --no pun intended ;)-- only stopping to sip his Diet Coke once in a while. His voice sounded better than ever. He is an icon!

I was dancing right in front of Elton the whole time! At one point he pointed to me and said, "Thank you!" I just about died. He came up to us and touched our hands too. He also smiled when he saw my "BITCH" shirt. I saw him in concert for the first time in Boston and I bought the shirt at that show. At one point Davey Johnstone, the guitarist, came up to me and gave me his pick. It was surreal! I never thought I would ever have an experience like that. A night I will never forget!

-Click the photos to enlarge them and check out his really cool shoes!-

9 comments:

Sher Johnson said...

THAT IS SO COOL!!!
What an opportunity!!
I love Elton John's music...how I wish I could play like he does :)

Amanda said...

hats is so awsome! And his shoes match his shirt, cool!

amy said...

How cool is that?? Looks like you had a great time!!

Jess said...

AWESOME!!! Lucky Duck! I bet you guys had a blast! What a night to remember!

Heather said...

No WAY! That is SO AWESOME!! I can't imagine how cool it must have been to be at that concert. Thank you for sharing!! WOO HOO!

Maggie said...

OH MY LORD HOW AWESOME IS THAT??!! Wow, I'm so thrilled for you. Front row? Wow. Awesome pics too.

reany365 said...

Awesome!!!!

~ Natalie~ said...

So FUN!!

Gramercy Riff said...

I'm so J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!